How To Get A Copy Of Your DAC Report


The information that is on your DAC or PSP could mean the difference between landing your dream driving job or not.  It’s importation to know what’s on your record, so that you can report or contest errors.  By law, you’re entitled to one, free report each year.  Just as there are errors on credit reports, errors can be made on a driver’s CSA (PSP) and DAC reports.

Many of you have written to us wanting to know how obtain a copy of your PSP or DAC reports. Drivers are entitled to one free report each year.

Request a copy of your PSP Record

  1. Access your driving record through the Pre-Employment Screening Program (PSP).  There is a fee of $10, but you’ll have immediate access to your data.
  2. Submit a Freedom of Information Act request to the FMCSA, free of charge. This process can take up to 20 days.

FMCSA’s Pre Employment Portal can be accessed here.

The PSP contains data from the FMCSA Motor Carrier Management Information System (MCMIS) database. This includes inspection and crash information that is uploaded into the system by federal and state authorities, going back five years for crash data and three years for roadside inspection data. The federal record does not include conviction data, local violations or personal driving record data.

What if I want to contest the information in my PSP record?

Reviews of violations that are adjudicated in the State court systems do not automatically result in a change to any Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)-released data, which includes PSP data. In order to have a violation removed from the PSP record, a motor carrier or driver must file a request for data review (RDR) in the DataQs system. When an RDR is made through the DataQs system and the request is granted, the organization responsible for the data makes the appropriate changes. The record is then updated in MCMIS and within 30 more days it will be reflected in PSP . Users may only use the DataQs system to request a data review on data used by FMCSA. The web site for data correction is

What type of information can be contested in my PSP record?

If a PSP record contains inaccurate information, then that should be brought to the attention of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Department of Transportation by submitting a DataQs request for data review. The web site for data correction is Violations that appear on an inspection report can be reviewed for accuracy on the DataQs website. Citations issued to a driver as a result of an inspection or traffic enforcement cannot be submitted to the DataQs website for review. Crashes that involve a commercial motor vehicle are reportable to FMCSA, even if the driver is not at fault. Drivers cannot request a review of a crash event due to no fault of the driver.

Comments are closed.